Monday, July 5, 2010

Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight

I hate losing things, unfortunately once in awhile, it happens: something I cherish gets forgotten, left behind, or misplaced. Luck would have it that most of the things I misplace, I actually used quite often. Oftentimes, I know exactly where I left them - but I usually don't realize that these items are gone until it is far too late.

Here's a running tally of things I've lost so far on this trip:

--------------------------------------------------

- W&M Sailing Team Hoodie - black; embroidered with 'Doman' on the sleeve. Left at Karaoke night at the marina in Luperon, DR the night before our departure.

- Right flip flop - brown Sanuk, size 11. Fell off a bridge on Fatu Hiva and washed out to sea. I'm rather partial to the type and quality of my open-toed footwear, so thankfully, I had another identical pair on board.

- Wide-brimmed straw hat. The straw hat I'm often wearing in photos was left at the Yacht Club in Bora Bora. I'm actively searching for a replacement of equivalent prose while sporting my running cap more frequently.

--------------------------------------------------


At the least, I hope these magnificent artifacts get picked up and appreciated for all their worth. I would in no way be offended to cross paths with someone wearing my hoodie, straw hat, and right flip flop further down the road. In fact, I would be honored.